2015 Awards - Acting the (April) Fool

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.
trexISOhugs

2015 Awards - Acting the (April) Fool

Post by trexISOhugs »

am i the only with a sharp pain spearing the center of my brain while i neurotically check my email, this forum and my best laid plans while waiting to hear back from the SPO?

Re: 2015 Awards - Acting the (April) Fool

Post by Guest »

No, you certainly aren't the only one. I just hope the decision comes in soon, because the suspense at every email I get is probably gonna give me a heart attack.

Physkid

Post by Physkid »

Supposidly they come out around 5pm. But that won't stop me from refreshing my email every 5 miinutes until then...

Post by Guest »

Physkid wrote:Supposidly they come out around 5pm. But that won't stop me from refreshing my email every 5 miinutes until then...
5 pm today? Did rhey specify a time zone?

Post by Guest »

How do you know that it is 5 PM today?!

Post by Guest »

Woohooo! I got the email!! So excited!!

physkid

Post by physkid »

I assume since the other scholarships in previous years were announced then. It is all in the link: http://thesmartforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=13

I am not positive but at least it's somewhat of an estimate.

Post by Guest »

GTFO you didn't even apply

physkid

Post by physkid »

Guest wrote:Woohooo! I got the email!! So excited!!
Good one... Happy April Fools...

Post by Guest »

I'm guessing it will be 5 PM EST since the ASEE headquarters is located in Washington, DC.

Post by guest »

Guest wrote:No, you certainly aren't the only one. I just hope the decision comes in soon, because the suspense at every email I get is probably gonna give me a heart attack.
ikr. since they have sent the award emails out on april fool's day in the past it is making me even more nervous...

waiting...waiting...

Post by Guest »

Someone posted yesterday that they talked with SMART about the award schedule. Apparently awards aren't being released until mid-late April.

Don't hold your breath about getting anything today.

Post by Guest »

The facilities I spoke with said they thought the announcement would be the first week of April. I have heard so many conflicting dates. Best of luck to everyone!!! :) Keep your heads up!

GuessWhoKnows

Post by GuessWhoKnows »

Guess what? One of the most closely guarded secrets about the SMART program is that current scholars know who got the award before the recipients, so we get to sit here and watch you all piss yourselves in suspense as you wait for the emails. We also know how long the SPO is gonna delay the acceptance emails, just to screw with your emotions.

You're welcome.

April Fools

Post by Guest »

GuessWhoKnows wrote:Guess what? One of the most closely guarded secrets about the SMART program is that current scholars know who got the award before the recipients, so we get to sit here and watch you all piss yourselves in suspense as you wait for the emails. We also know how long the SPO is gonna delay the acceptance emails, just to screw with your emotions.

You're welcome.

You are just mean.

April Fools

Post by Guest »

So if we haven't gotten a phone call yet from a SPO are we no longer in the running?

Post by Guest »

^^Did you not read the email?

Post by Guest »

I heard from two SFs with offers in mid March. I emailed both this morning to ask if they know when decisions would go out. Neither has replied yet, but I'll update you guys if/when they do.

superguest

Post by superguest »

Guest wrote:I heard from two SFs with offers in mid March. I emailed both this morning to ask if they know when decisions would go out. Neither has replied yet, but I'll update you guys if/when they do.
Awesome, thanks!