Semifinalists

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.
Dilly

Re: Semifinalists

Post by Dilly »

Hmm. I called back in November to talk to the environmental department and see who might be receiving the applications amd she didn't know but was really nice and encouraging me for reaching out. She connected me with a woman in the same dept who was applying as a retention scholar in case she had more info, and I think it was her who gave me their email addresses.
I didn't receive a reply, so I have no idea if my effort will work out in my favor. I'm terrible at being idle though. As evidenced by my constant lurking here, haha!
Semi-finalist :)
At a state university - 3.90 GPA
Pursuing BS in civil engineering w/ minor in geology

Guest102020219

Post by Guest102020219 »

Has anyone gotten a phone interview yet? And if you have how did it go?

johnpaul

Post by johnpaul »

I was selected as a semi-finalist and had my interview with my sponsor where I was told he wants me and his placing a bid for me. What does this mean?

guest78

Post by guest78 »

johnpaul wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:15 pm
I was selected as a semi-finalist and had my interview with my sponsor where I was told he wants me and his placing a bid for me. What does this mean?
That’s awesome, what state is your facility?

ryantetreault

Post by ryantetreault »

johnpaul wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:15 pm
Holy sh1t, that's awesome! Basically what that means is that you got the scholarship. When the SF put in a bid for you it means that they want you as their scholar. Every facility has the chance to "bid" on you, but in the end I think that you will be placed in the ones that you preferred.
Aerospace Engineering Hopeful

jclark

Post by jclark »

Any chemistry or chemical engineering majors who are semi-finalists ?

curious

Post by curious »

Are there any math majors/grad students who are semi-finalists? If so, have you been contacted by any SFs for an interview?

CS here

Post by CS here »

did anyone get an interview with Tinker afb?

Froggers

Post by Froggers »

CS here wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:50 pm
Yes! I had an interview with them last week. Wish both of us luck! What's your major?

CS here

Post by CS here »

Froggers wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:22 pm
CS here wrote:
Yes! I had an interview with them last week. Wish both of us luck! What's your major?
Oh nice. and I am a computer science major. I never got a call from them. Got a call from Lackland instead. so good luck to you. I guess I wasn't good enough for an interview with them lol

Froggers

Post by Froggers »

CS here wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:28 pm
Froggers wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:22 pm
CS here wrote:
Oh nice. and I am a computer science major. I never got a call from them. Got a call from Lackland instead. so good luck to you. I guess I wasn't good enough for an interview with them lol
Oh wow, but that's so AMAZING!! I am also a CS major! :)

Josseanne2001

Post by Josseanne2001 »

Hello everyone,

I was selected as a semi-finalist in February but still haven’t been contacted for any interview, nor have I been informed of anything new.

I was wondering if anyone out there has heard anything so far.

Hope you’re all doing well.

bwelco

Post by bwelco »

Pretty sure decisions come out this or next week, good luck!!