pass/fail and smart

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.
question4321

pass/fail and smart

Post by question4321 »

So my school is letting us do this thing because of covid, where for the 2020-2021 school year we can pass/fail 3 courses total as a "covid pass/fail" and I am honestly contemplating using this to pass/failing one course. Does anyone know if SMART has anything against pass/failing (ie. do all of our classes have to have a letter grade assigned)?

Dilly

Re: pass/fail and smart

Post by Dilly »

I *think* I read in the 2020 handbook that all courses have to be taken for credit with a grade. But that may only be after you've received the award. You can download the handbook from their website if you wanna dig for yourself.
Semi-finalist :)
At a state university - 3.90 GPA
Pursuing BS in civil engineering w/ minor in geology

ryantetreault

Post by ryantetreault »

Dilly is definitely correct, you can pass/fail unless you are already accepted (you can still do it even if you are accepted in a few weeks). But if you do it and reapply next year, it might be a hit on your chances again.
Aerospace Engineering Hopeful

HOPEFULLYSELECTED

Post by HOPEFULLYSELECTED »

Some schools ONLY have pass/fail options during COVID, so it shouldn't be a limiting factor.