the horror stories lmao

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.
anonymous13212

the horror stories lmao

Post by anonymous13212 »

me: "gosh there's so many horror stories, warnings, red flags, and sus things happening to SMART recipients over the past years :shock: :? "

also me: *frantically continues to apply and try to get in just so I can have my college paid for bc I'm broke lol*

phdhopeful2021

Re: the horror stories lmao

Post by phdhopeful2021 »

Same hahahahaha

Post by Guest »

To be fair, if you just follow through on your commitment and don't screw up school, the only real issue is getting a bad a SF. Late stipends always get paid, schools always clear up past due tuition, etc. It's really people trying to not be normal causing issues.

Sisyphus

Post by Sisyphus »

Guest wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:20 pm
To be fair, if you just follow through on your commitment and don't screw up school, the only real issue is getting a bad a SF. Late stipends always get paid, schools always clear up past due tuition, etc. It's really people trying to not be normal causing issues.
Spoken like the typical ignorant jackass who defends this program blindly without knowing (or just ignoring) the gory details of many participants experience with this program.

~10% of participants wind up owing debt with this program one way or another.

If you want to call that a success for a program that has essentially unlimited authority to accommodate whatever weird circumstances a participant could run into then there is no helping you.

Hidden Biden

Post by Hidden Biden »

I wouldn't even join this program with the administration that is in power now. They care more about being woke then the defense of this nation.