RE: successful essay templates for my student?

General Discussion for SMART Scholarship Recipients
Wollstonecraft

RE: successful essay templates for my student?

Post by Wollstonecraft »

Hello all,

I am a Humanities professor who gets lots of student requests for rec letters to STEM things because my classes tend to be smaller so I get to know my students pretty well. In addition to writing a good letter, I also like to give advice on how they can improve their application materials, but I am aware that STEM proposals are a different genre from the sort of documents I usually work with.

To this point, I was wondering if anyone was interested in sharing a successful essay (with identifying info redacted) or portions of a successful essay. Copy-and-pasting the content to the DM is fine.

I have no wish to share those templates directly with my student, but rather, to make editing recommendations based upon those models.

Also, my student has a clear idea of what she wants to study, and she knows what inspired her to study it, so this isn't about finding research ideas. she just needs a better idea of what "shape" this document should take.

Any insights offered are appreciated, and I hope all those (re)applying do well.

Thanks.