Site Visit Reimbursement

General Discussion for SMART Scholarship Recipients

Site Visit Reimbursement

Post by Guest »

Has anyone received information on how to receive the travel reimbursement from the site visit?

Thanks!

codeToad

Re: Site Visit Reimbursement

Post by codeToad »

Strange that you haven't gotten it yet. I received an email titled "SMART Site Visit Request Processed" which confirmed that I was eligible for the funds, and the money was deposited into my bank account shortly after that. Have you received any such email? If so, double-check the site visit request paperwork they sent back. On the second page, there is a place where they should have checked off that you are eligible for the reimbursement. If that happened, make sure it wasn't already deposited in the bank account you gave SMART direct deposit permissions for.

Mikanug

Site Visit Reimbursement

Post by Mikanug »

I am about to go through my first site visit: What can I expect? What are the hidden dangers that I need to be aware of? I really appreciate anyone who can help.
[url=http://avante.biz/category/earth/]Adorable Wallpapers[/url]

MGUest

Re: Site Visit Reimbursement

Post by MGUest »

My site visit was a tour, a few introductions, and information sessions on the mission/goals of the facility. I advise to talk to a current SMART scholar, they can tell you if you actually use your degree at your SF. Also, ask about what project you will be assigned to and what your daily tasks will be. There are a lot of posts on this forum of people unhappy at their SF so make sure to ask a lot of questions so you can get a sense of if its a good fit before its too late.